WHERE TO START WITH GENEALOGICAL RESEARCH.
Always start with yourself and work back or forward, as the case maybe, from the known to the unknown. It is a very good rule to employ!.
- Gather as many details as you can from documents you have at home such as letters, diaries, memory cards, pictures etc..
- Write down the source (including the repository, person, website etc.) of each piece of information.
- Contact older family members. Once again, be sure to note when and from whom you obtained the details.
- Verify as much information as possible.
Help can be obtained by employing, for a fee, a Professional Genealogist.
Click on 'Contact' above right.
- Acquaint yourself with Irish geography and history.
Link to the HOME page. Link to COUNTY LOUTH page.
Please send any comments on above Genealogical & Historical Research Service by e-mail to: email@example.com
© MP McConnon, MC Research Service, Seabank, Castlebellingham, Dundalk, County Louth, Ireland
Last update 06 April 2018.