This parish has its origin as an early ecclesiastical
administrative division but later became used for civil
purposes. It was found in the main civil records of the
nineteenth century and the 1901 and 1911 censuses. It is no
longer in use.
Civil Parishes consisted of a number of townlands. In the
nineteenth century County Louth was divided into 64 civil
for names, area and population totals of each before and
after the Great Famine and
for situation of each.
By the 1901 census parts of three other civil parishes were
|five townlands only:-
and Ravensdale Park
were listed under this civil parish. Previously they
were part of Ballymascanlan Civil Parish;
|Newtown - in Drogheda Borough
Stameen - part in Drogheda
|Rathmullan - part in Drogheda Borough.
Some civil parishes also crossed county boundaries. These
St., Mary's, Drogheda
Link to the top of the page
County Louth page